Addiction is bad but when it comes to games no one seems to care about that. There are lots of games to which people would love to get addicted. And among those games Minecraft is probably the most popular. Well, popularity aside the game is quite entertaining and quite easy to play too; it’s no wonder that the game has become so popular. But there is one thing that most users get wrong and that is the Minecraft Name. And that is the sole reason because of which you are reading this post.
Also Visit: Best RainMeter Skins Themes for Windows
Also Know: Free Sports Streaming Sites
At some point it was quite not possible to change the Minecraft username. But after 4th February, 2015 it has become quite possible for Minecraft users to change their Minecraft name. For that you just need to follow some simple yet systematic steps and that will be all. But don’t think that you could simply do that inside the game. No! That’s not possible at all. This post will provide you with information that will let you change your Minecraft username with ease. But make sure that you follow the steps accordingly and you will be good to go. Check them out down below.
Also Read: Top Best New City Building Games
Steps to Change Minecraft Name or Username 2018:
The steps are pretty simple and easy. They have been mentioned accordingly down below.
In order to change the Profile name you need to visit the Mojang Website. Or you can Click Here to visit the page where you need to change the name. And for doing that you need to provide your email and passwords and hit “Enter.”
Suppose that you don’t own an account. Then you can register from that page only with ease. “Register A New Mojang Account”option is present there, so click on that and after that keep following the instructions accordingly.
After that you will be redirected to another page and there you can see all the games that are registered to your account. From that search and locate Minecraft. Just adjacent to your profile name you could see a “Change” button. Click on that to initiate the process.
Again you will be redirected to another page and there you will be able to see your current Profile name. Just below that you will be able to see an option/box to the new name. Type in the name you would like to have. Now check for the availability of that name as one name can only be used by one player. If your name is unique then you need to click on “Change Name” and it would be changed.
With that your profile name would be changed instantly. But there is a possibility that you won’t be known by your new name as soon as it is changed. It could take about an hour or so at max for the new name request to get processed. If in any rare event the username doesn’t change with a day or two then you need to contact the Mojang Support by their twitter page. Another thing is that you need to log out of the game for the new name to take effect.
So like that you need to change the Profile name of you Minecraft account. But that’s not all, there are a few problems that people face while changing their profile names. The answers to those problems have been provided below.
Also Visit: Best Free Movies Streaming Sites
Common Problems While Changing Minecraft Name/User Name:
Know More: Best Free Movies Downloads Sites
The problems have been mentioned below along with their solutions, so have a peek at those.
- Many people face the problem of changing their names multiple times. Well, it’s not possible to change the profile name right after you have changed once. If you want to change the name again then you need to wait for a period of 30 days and after that only you can change it gain. Another problem is that many people try to change their name after creating a new account but those people have to wait for 30 days too.
- Some people want their old name back; those people are required to have a window of 7 days after their 30 days are over. Till the 37 days are over no one would be able to claim your old name. The 7 days window is the only guaranteed time when you would be able to get your old name back.
- Most people get confused with the fact that Profile name and username are two different things. These are two different things and should not be confused. The username is one that is displayed at the bottom right corner of the launcher
- Some people are not able to change their profile names. Those are the people that are having an old account and changing name is only possible after you would have migrated your account to Mojang.
- A bunch of other problems might arise. In that case you need to contact the Mojang Support site via Twitter.
Also May Also Like: Fix This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine In Windows
This is all that you need to do change your Minecraft name. Minecraft is quite a popular game and an interesting one too. So, if you hate the profile name that you are currently having then it is suggested that you change then accordingly by following the steps that have been mentioned above. Apart from this, there are no other ways to change a Minecraft profile name. If you know of any then feel free to share that with us in the comment section. Hope that the provided information would be of help to you. If you fill this help you then share it for more people. your feedback or comment will make us better.